Laser hair removal
What’s Laser Hair Removal?
Though hair provides insulation to our body, they can also affect the perfect look of a person. Unwanted hair on the visible areas of the body like arms, legs, face and back are one of the main cosmetic problems faced by many.
Now no more painful waxing, tweezing, shaving or any other painstaking methods, laser hair removal is one of the most commonly done cosmetic procedures.
HSMC gives you the opportunity to experience the latest and fastest most powerful lasers technology, which is fully FDA approved. No redness, no burning, secure and excellent results on all skin and hair types. We give you the perfect solution to your needs with guaranteed results.
How does the laser work?
It beams highly concentrated light into hair follicles. Pigment in the follicle absorbs the light that destroys the hair. It is important to treat each follicle during the growth cycle for maximum hair removal.
Which areas can be treated?
All body areas can be treated with the lasers: lips, chin, cheeks, neck, armpits, bikini, around the nipples, full back, full chest, shoulders, full legs, arms...
How long will it take?
It depends on the area to be treated:
- Small body areas (face, underarms, bikini…) take 5 to 15 minutes
- Larger body areas (full back, legs, arms...) usually take about 30 to 120 minutes depending on the area
How to Prepare for Laser Hair Removal?
If you are planning on undergoing laser hair removal, you should:
- Limit plucking, waxing, and electrolysis for six weeks before treatment. That's because the laser targets the hairs' roots, which are temporarily removed by waxing or plucking
- Avoid sunbathing, tanning beds, waxing, chemical peels or collagen injections for two weeks before and after the procedure
- Avoid perfumes, deodorants or any potential irritants in the treatment area before and after treatment
Is Laser Hair Removal for everyone?
Lasers can selectively target dark, coarse hairs while leaving the surrounding skin undamaged, it will not work on white, grey, light red or light blond hair follicles.
Is Laser Hair Removal Permanent?
New technology is capable of giving permanent removal for ALL skin types, both male and female, for ALL parts of the body. The number of sessions needed to achieve these results can vary from person to person depending on many factors such as age, skin type and amount of hair, hair color, hair texture, and hormonal balance.
During your consultation; you will be advised as to the approximate number of treatments.
What happens to the skin after the treatment?
Following treatment, patients should expect:
- Redness and swelling of the hair follicle, which is a normal occurrence
- To be given a prescription for a topical antiseptic cream to be applied after treatment
You are able to reapply your make-up, return to work, and continue with your normal daily activities.
What are possible side effects?
As with any treatment, there are risks associated with it, though they are minimized in the hands of a qualified therapist. These include:
- Skin pigmentation problems
With our machines and our sufficient experience, you will not experience any damage to your skin. All the possibilities are short term reactions such as a redness which may take from a few minutes to several hours to fade away.
What are the machines used at HSMC?
Offering superior results to the widest variety of patients is crucial. Therefore, to perfectly match the needs of any practice for any kind of hair and skin we at HSMC use:
- Alexandrite laser (Elite/Cynosure®)
- Nd:Yag Laser (GentleYag/ Candella®)
- Q-Switched Nd:YAG laser (Revlite/ Cynosure®)
Cosmetics Division Manager